Metro Manila will be placed under Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) again from August 6 to 20 to curb the possible spread of the COVID-19 Delta variant, the palace announced on Friday, July 30. But a week before implementing the said quarantine measure, the residents of Metro Manila will undergo a period of additional restrictions first.Below is the schedule of new restrictions:
- General Community Quarantine (GCQ) with heightened and additional restrictions - July 30 to August 5
- Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) - August 6 to 20
According to the Omnibus Guidelines for implementing Community Quarantine of the IATF, essential establishments and industries such as hospitals, groceries, courier and delivery services, and business process outsourcing will remain fully operational during ECQ. Banks, medical and veterinary clinics, water and sanitation services, telecommunications, and construction works can operate with a skeletal workforce.
Meanwhile, here are the additional restrictions prompted by a more rigid GCQ period:
- Dining in restaurants and other food-related establishments is prohibited; take-out and delivery service is allowed. (Note: Restaurants are only allowed to continue their dine-in operations until the end of business hours on July 30).
- Only authorized persons can travel beyond NCR Plus (Metro Manila plus Cavite, Rizal, Bulacan, and Laguna).
- Personal care services establishments are only allowed to operate at 30% capacity.
- Activities in indoor sports venues and indoor tourism attractions are prohibited.
- Outdoor tourism attractions are only allowed to operate at 30% with strict adherence to minimum public health standards.
- Physical, religious gatherings are prohibited.
- Only immediate family members are allowed to carry out necrological services, wakes, and funerals.
- Public transportation is allowed.
If you wish to place an order on our website, we advise you to do so before the scheduled quarantine restrictions, so we can have it processed and delivered by August 5.
Stay safe and sane!